Walk the streets of Stone Town and follow in the footsteps of Zanzibar's most famous son, Freddie Mercury, a skilled musician and lead singer of the rock band Queen.
Born Farouk Bulsara on September 5, 1946, Freddie Mercury and his family emigrated to Zanzibar from India. After studying at a boarding school in Bombay, Freddie returned to Zanzibar before leaving for London at the age of 18 beginning his transformation to the great musician we know today.
Wander through Shangani where Freddie Mercury was born and lived with his family. Your guide will take you to the Zanzibar Gallery shop, once home to the Bulsara family where you will receive a Freddie Mercury t-shirt. From here, proceed to the mystical Zoroastrian temple, where Mercury and his family practiced their religion.
End the day with a seafront lunch at Mercury's restaurant, a modern day tribute to the man and the music.
- Mineral drinking water
- Hotel pick-up
- Services of an experienced guide
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Child rates are applicable from ages 0 to 11 years.
- Guides are available in English, French, Italian and Spanish. Must be pre-booked at the time of booking.
- Guests are advised to wear comfortable closed walking or hiking shoes and to dress conservatively when walking through Stone Town.
- For departures from other areas, please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.