A full day excursion on a traditional sailing dhow, this trip begins at Fumba, the perfect starting point to explore Menai Bay, an official Conservation Area. Home to beautiful uninhabited islands, the area is stunning, frequented by humpback and bottlenose dolphins.
We will stop at Kwale sandbank where sunshades are set up and guests have the chance to go snorkeling in the coral reefs, helped by the guides. Afterward, you'll be offered refreshments to whet your appetite before heading to Kwale Island for lunch under the tamarind trees. Drinks are served throughout the day and lunch is a buffet of grilled fish, lobster, calamari, chicken and rice, with tropical fruits.
After lunch, you can sunbathe, snooze or visit the beautiful mangrove lagoon. Depending on the tide, you may be able to take a swim in the lagoon. For those who seek adventure, join the crew to sail in a "ngalawa," a local outrigger canoe.
- Mineral drinking water
- Hotel pick-up
- Services of an experienced guide
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Child rates are applicable from ages 0 to 11 years.
- Guides are available in English, French, Italian and Spanish. Must be pre-booked at the time of booking.
- Guests are advised to bring swim wear, a towel, sunscreen and a hat. We recommend that you wear water-resistant shoes for walking over the coral.
- We suggest that you use a water-resistant bag for your cameras and other valuables.
- For departures from other areas, please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.