2 hours and 30 minutes
Enter the world of Game of Thrones as you visit the stunning locations used to bring the fantasy lands of this epic series to life. See medieval castles, ancient forests and fortified cities used as
filming locations for the hit HBO series, based on the best-selling book
series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by author George R. R. Martin. Visit Northern Ireland, Croatia, Spain, Iceland, Malta and Morocco and be transported to Westeros and Essos.
Not a fan of the show? All locations promise fantastic scenery and notable attractions that any traveler would love. Visit iconic sites nearby the filming locations and have an epic adventure while discovering locations of historic and architectural interest with many sites registered in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Tour Split and Dubrovnik, take a day trip from Belfast or Dublin, or visit Girona from Barcelona.
Explore the city of Split and discover where the scenes featuring Daenerys Targaryen in Meereen were filmed. Follow the footsteps of Dany and her warriors in Diocletian's Palace cellars and imagine the tumultuous events that took place in this imposing stronghold and get acquainted with the history of Split through the displays of weaponry, paintings and old documents.
Journey to the capital of the Seven Kingdoms in the Croatian city of Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik's clifftop fortress and enormous city walls stood in as King's Landing. See the streets where the Gold Cloaks roamed and where the tourney on King Joffrey's name day took place. Step inside the Red Keep or what's known in the real world setting as the Fortress of St. Lawrence. Sail to the wealthy port city of Qarth set in the island of Lokrum. Walk in the lush gardens of Trsteno Arboretum, where intricate plots and political schemes were spun.
Embark on a road trip along the Causeway Coast, north of Belfast, to discover the Northern locations where scenes from the Stormlands and Iron Islands were filmed.
Make stops at Ballintoy Harbour, seen in the show as the port town of Lordsport, the Cushendun Caves where Melisandre gave birth to a shadow baby assassin; and Larrybane near the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge where Renly Baratheon set camp. Follow the trail of Arya Stark as she escaped King's Landing to join the Night's Watch and traveled through the Dark Hedges, now famous as the Kingsroad, disguised a a boy.
Travel south of Belfast to see the Game of Thrones filming locations in Northern Ireland's Strangford Lough. Admire the stark landscapes and stone forts that perfectly represent The North and The Riverlands.
Visit Castle Ward which served as the backdrop for House Stark's Winterfell castle and see a replica of the Winterfell archery range and the spot where Theon Greyjoy beheaded Ser Rodrik. Head to Tollymore Forest Park and discover the Wolfswood where the Stark children - and Jon Snow - found the direwolf pups. Venture out of the North to the Riverlands to pay a visit to Riverrun, seat of House Tully, the exteriors of which were filmed at Gosford Castle.
While not exclusively dedicated to Game of Thrones,
several tours and day trips visit some of the most incredible locations
and stunning attractions - all notable to be the perfect spots that bring the world of Game of Thrones to life. Plan your holidays to visit these top Game of Thrones filming locations now.
(pictured: Vatnajökull National Park)
· Dubrovnik (Croatia) - King's Landing
· Trsteno Arboretum (Croatia) - King's Landing gardens
· Diocletian's Palace (Croatia) - Meereen
· Island of Lokrum (Croatia) - Qarth
· Ston (Croatia) - King's Landing
· Sibenik (Croatia) - Braavos
· Fort Lovrijenac / St Lawrence Fortress (Croatia) - The Red Keep
· Thingvellir (Þingvellir) National Park (Iceland) - Arya and The Hound's journey
· Vatnajökull (Iceland) - Beyond the Wall
· Snæfellsjökull (Iceland) - Fist of the First Men / Frostfangs
· Mývatn Lake (Iceland) - Mance Rayder's wildling camp
· Azure Window (Malta) - Daenerys' wedding to Khal Drogo
· Fort Manoel (Malta) - Great Sept of Baelor
· Mdina Gate (Malta) - King's Landing gate
· San Anton Palace (Malta) - The Red Keep
· Essaouira (Morocco) - Astapor
· Ouarzazate Atlas Film Studios (Morocco) - Astapor and Yunkai sets
· Aït-Ben-Haddou (Morocco) - Yunkai and Pentos
· Castle Ward (Northern Ireland) - Winterfell
· Tollymore Forest Park (Northern Ireland) - Wolfswood and Haunted Forest
· Dark Hedges (Northern Ireland) - Kingsroad during Arya's escape with Yoren
· Audley's Castle (Northern Ireland) - Robb Stark's Camp
· Quoille River / Inch Abbey / Strangford Lough (Northern Ireland) - Riverlands / The Twins
· Ballintoy Harbour (Northern Ireland) - Theon Greyjoy's return to Pyke
· Larrybane Quarry (Northern Ireland) - Renly Baratheon's camp
· Cushendun Caves (Northern Ireland) - Melisandre's birth of the shadow baby
· Girona Medieval Quarters (Spain) - Braavos
· Girona Cathedral (Spain) - Great Sept of Baelor
· Roman Bridge of Cordoba (Spain) - Long Bridge in the Free City of Volantis
· Alcazar of Seville (Spain) - Water Palaces of Dorne
· Doune Castle (Scotland) - Winterfell
Ouarzazate Day Trip from Marrakech with Ait-Ben-Haddou and Atlas Studios Tour
Half-Day Tour to Girona, Game of Thrones City
Golden Circle Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik with Thingvellir, Gullfoss and Geysir
Gozo Island Day Trip with Azure Window
Essaouira Full Day
Gozo Tour with Ggantija Temples
Secrets of Split - Small Group Tour
Giants Causeway Day Tour from Dublin
Cordoba Walking Tour at Sunset
Super Saver Combo: Girona Walking Tour + Gaudi City Tour with Park Guell Tickets