Enjoy unlimited journeys between selected areas of Kansai and Chubu with a convenient rail pass! Plan your itinerary with flexibility and make the most out of your trip as you hop from one city to another with ease.
Traveling to Osaka? Explore the heritage-rich area of Kansai with a handy 3-day train pass that lets you visit cities such as Kyoto, Kobe, Nara, Himeji, Osaka and much more. Plus, enjoy easy access to Kansai International Airport. This Japan Rail Pass is only available for foreign visitors when purchased in advance outside Japan.
All our card payments are protected by thawte to give you peace of mind.
Location and direction
Please note that the Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO) will be mailed to your preferred address. Please provide the necessary information during the booking process and select the appropriate shipping fee from the "Options" section.
After entering in Japan, present the MCO along with your passport at the indicated exchange locations below. Fill out an application with the necessary details and claim your 3-Day Kansai Area pass.
• Kyoto Station, JR WEST (Central exit), Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Shin-Osaka Station JR WEST (East exit), Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:30
• Osaka Station, JR WEST Ticket Office (East exit), daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Kansai Airport Station, Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Sannomiya Station, Central exit, Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Wakayama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 04:50 to 00:00
• Nara Station, Ticket Office, daily from 09:00 ~ 21:00
Separate Express tickets are required for:
- Reserved seats on Kansai-airport Express HARUKA
- Both Reserved and Non-reserved seats on Express Trains excluding Kansai-airport Express HARUKA
*Please note that the train passes are not valid for use on bullet trains or "Shinkansen".
Please see the list of valid trains below:
- Non-reserved seats on Kansai-airport Express HARUKA
- Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services, and Local trains on JR-WEST Conventional lines
Price & Options
Once delivered, the Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO) must be exchanged within 3 months.
Once the pass has been obtained, the activation date and duration can no longer be changed.
The validity of a rail pass starts from 12 midnight from the day the MCO is exchanged.
The Kansai Area Pass is only for foreign tourists holding a passport issued by a foreign government and entering as a "Temporary Visitor". Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
Please refer to the link below for the detailed area route map.
Kansai Area Map.pdf
You will need your passport to exchange the voucher (Miscellaneous Charges Order).
Please bring your passport with you on the travel date, so it may be presented when a JR staff asks for it.
A rail pass is valid for 3 consecutive days.
Rail pass is non-transferable.
Conditions of use for a rail pass are stipulated by JR-WEST's carriage conditions and laws of Japan.
A rail pass will be void if the magnetic ticket is detached from a rail pass book and will not be reissued even if lost or stolen.
No refund will be given after a rail pass has already been used or expired and in the event of non-availability of service, delays or similar issues.
One adult or child rail pass holder can accompany up to two (2) infants, ages 5 years old and below, for free provided they sit on an adult's lap. However, a third infant will require a child rail pass to join.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.