Exclusive for foreign visitors! Make the most out of your trip with unlimited rides around select areas of Kansai and Okayama for 5 days straight. Customize your own tour and travel at your own pace.
Maximize your time in Japan with this 5-day Kansai Wide Area pass. Travel to popular destinations such as Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Nara and Himeji as well as surrounding areas such as the lush countryside of Okayama, the hot springs of Kinosaki-onsen, the port city of Takamatsu and sacred areas of Kumano Region.
All our card payments are protected by thawte to give you peace of mind.
Location and direction
Please note that the Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO) will be mailed to your preferred address. Please provide the necessary information during the booking process and select the appropriate shipping fee from the "Options" section.
After entering in Japan, present the MCO along with your passport at the indicated exchange locations below. Fill out an application with the necessary details and claim your Kansai-Wide Area Pass.
• Kyoto Station, JR WEST (Central exit), Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Shin-Osaka Station JR WEST (East exit), Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:30
• Osaka Station, JR WEST Ticket Office (East exit), daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Kansai Airport Station, Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Sannomiya Station, Central exit, Ticket Office, daily from 05:30 ~ 23:00
• Wakayama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 04:50 to 00:00
• Nara Station, Ticket Office, daily from 09:00 ~ 21:00
The following train routes are NOT valid using the train pass:
- Bullet Train Sanyo Shinkansen: Okayama to and from Hakata
- Bullet Train Tokaido Shinkansen: Shin-Osaka to and from Tokyo
- Bullet Train Kyusyu Shinkansen: Hakata to and from Kagoshima-Chuo
Please see the list of valid trains below:
- Non-reserved seats on Bullet Train: Sanyo Shinkansen (Shin-Osaka to/from Hiroshima);
- Non-reserved seats on Express Trains: Haruka, Kuroshio, Thunderbird, Kounotori, Super Hakuto (Kyoto to/from Kamigori) etc.;
- Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services, and Local trains on JR-WEST Conventional lines;
*Please note that a separate fare is required for traveling on Super Hakuto (Kamigori to/fromTottori) and Super Inaba (Kamigo to/from Tottori).
Price & Options
Once delivered, the Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO) must be exchanged within 3 months.
Once the pass has been obtained, the activation date can no longer be changed.
The validity of a rail pass starts from 12 midnight from the day the MCO is exchanged.
The Kansai Wide Area Pass is only for foreign tourists holding a passport issued by a foreign government and entering as a "Temporary Visitor". Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
Please refer to the link below for the detailed area route map.
Kansai WIDE Area.pdf
You will need your passport to exchange the voucher (Miscellaneous Charges Order).
Please bring your passport with you on the travel date, so it may be presented when a JR staff asks for it.
A rail pass is valid for five (5) consecutive days.
Rail pass is non-transferable and is valid for rail pass holder only.
Conditions of use for a rail pass are stipulated by JR-WEST's carriage conditions and laws of Japan.
A rail pass will be void if the magnetic ticket is detached from a rail pass book and will not be reissued even if lost or stolen.
No refund will be given after a rail pass has already been used or expired and in the event of non-availability of service, delays or similar issues.
One adult or child rail pass holder can accompany up to two (2) infants, ages 5 years old and below, for free provided they sit on an adult's lap. However, a third infant will require a child rail pass to join.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.