VELTRA Corporation, selling global tours and activities online (Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, representative director, Wataru FUTAGI, now referred as VELTRA / www.veltra.com/jp) announced that they acquired all stocks of City Discovery SAS (Headquarters: Paris, France, President:Emmanuel ISSAURAT, now referred as CD / www.city-discovery.com). With this deal, the companies will strategically merge their global organizations and cooperate to dramatically increase their sales in the next coming years.
[Outline of CD]
1 Company Name: City Discovery SAS / Trade Name “City Discovery”/ www.city-discovery.com/
2 President: Mr. Emmanuel ISSAURAT
3 Business domain: Selling various kinds of global tours and activities online
4 Headquarters: 36, boulevard HAUSSMANN 75009 Paris FRANCE
5 Outline of Business:
- 1 million passengers, worldwide
- 9,000 activities, tours and airport transfers
- A multi channel distribution strategy with 14,000 registered travel agents and 3,600 registered affiliates including large OTA, airlines and leading GDS
- A global reach with 18 languages
Having their offices in France, Philippines and the U.S.A., CD covers destinations of more than 700 cities, with strength in its multi-lingual web site and 24/7 customer support. They are a top class OTA (Online Travel Agent) especially in English speaking travelers’ market, specializing in tours and activity bookings.
[Expected benefit by this MA]
Benefit 1: More customers to Japan
Japan is one of the top destinations for the English-speaking traveler market of CD. By offering the high-end and unique tours and activities of VELTRA, we expect to attract more European and Americans who have a strong interest in Japanese culture. Therefore, further increasing the number of incoming travelers to Japan and enhancing the growth of tour suppliers in Japan as well.
Benefit 2: Re-organization of VELTRA and CD
VELTRA’s strength: Strong in the Japanese travelers market. Precise and detailed IT development power.
CD’s strength: Strong in the English-speaking travelers market. 24/7 customer support base in their global call center located in the Philippines.
By uniting these strengths, VELTRA will expand to be the top OTA in the online activity market.
Benefit 3: Strong ties in B2B partnerships VELTRA’s business partners: Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways and major travel companies in Japan.
CD’s business partners: Alitalia, and Amadeus - one of the top GDS companies
By combining the B2B partnerships of each company, we target to build a strong B2B platform which will increase each sales and profits dramatically for both companies.
1. We will offer a multi-lingual booking platform for the globally increasing number of travelers going to Japan.
2. By maximizing the strengths of both VELTRA and CD’s organization together, we can provide support to both tour and activity suppliers and travelers in a timely and systematic manner.
3. We will be able to offer more tours and activities using CD’s wide network to the global travelers of the world. These core reasons are why we decided to acquire CD.
[Outline of VELTRA Corporation]
Websites in Japanese http://www.veltra.com/jp/
in English http://www.veltra.com/en/
in Mandarin Chinese http://www.veltra.com/cn/
in Cantonese Chinese http://www.veltra.com/tw/
Destination: 109 countries 303 cities / Registered customers: 900,000 / Reviews: 170,000
Suppliers: (Global) 3,000 companies / Number of Tours and Activities:13,000 variations (40,000 in plans)
Unique Selling Points: Top class products in quality and quantity, dedicated customer support available online, wide selection of reliable reviews.