Housing a superb collection of prehistoric and Renaissance art, this museum is listed as one of France’s most important museums. The collection was begun by Esprit Calvet, a physician. In 1810, he donated his collection of paintings and metalwork to the town. The museum also houses a library of over 140,000 volumes.
How to get there
On foot. By bicycle.