A scenic cruise down the Seine River is a relaxing way to discover the essence of Paris. The river presents some of the city's most prominent landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum and the Notre-Dame Cathedral. There are plenty of ways to cruise the River Seine and while the itinerary is more or less the same, travelers can get a different experience depending on the time they take the cruise or if they take a meal option. Here's a run-down of the typical Seine River cruises to help you decide when it's your turn to cruise down the UNESCO-listed Paris river.
1. The Best Lunch Cruise: Glass Canopy Lunch Cruise with Bateaux Parisiens
Cruising along the Seine River at day has its own charm. Get to know the top sights of the city aboard a Glass Canopy Lunch Cruise.
Not only less expensive than dinner cruises, guests will be treated to commanding views of the Eiffel Tower, the Conciergerie, the replica of Statue of Liberty at Ile aux Cygnes and more. You will enjoy:
- A glass canopy cruise running 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Wine aperitif
- A la carte lunch menu with selected wines
- Mineral water and coffee
- Musical entertainment
Review from Stephanie from Australia :
We chose the Privilege service and although pricier, it was so worth it for a table by the window, a glass of bubbly on arrival, four course meal and two bottles of wine between the two of us. The service from our waitress Laura was fabulous, enjoyable entertainment on board by a charming French singer, and the sights of Paris which in my opinion are best seen by day along the river. All pre-paid before we left Australia and totally hassle-free. The cruise was easy to find at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Really one of the highlights of our European trip, thoroughly recommend it.
Price: From 57 EUR to 89 EUR per person with child discounts
Bateaux Parisiens Lunch Cruises depart at 12:30 PM from Port de la Bourdonnais, which is just down the Eiffel Tower. Combine it with an Eiffel Tower tour to make the most of sightseeing!
2. The Most Romantic: Dinner Cruise for 2 with Champagne and Window Seating with La Marina
The Marina Dinner Cruise with Champagne offers an exceptional panoramic view of Paris and its iconic monuments. Guests are treated to fine French Cuisine, Champagne and more exclusive perks:
- A beautiful Seine River cruise for two.
- Guaranteed seating at private tables near the windows.
- Fine French cuisine in 3 courses.
- A glass of Champagne per person
- Half bottle of wine per person
- Souvenir photo
- Rose petals
Duration: 2 hours
Price: 132 EUR per couple
The cruise starts at 9:15 PM from the port of Solferino, which is near the center of Paris and easily accessible by taxi or public transportation.
Other dinner options are available with rates between 71 and 160 EUR:
- Dinner Cruise with Saveur Menu from the port in central Paris, with or without drinks starts at 71 EUR per person
- Dinner Cruise with Hotel Transfer with pick up and drop off, at 160 EUR per person
3. The Best Value: Early Evening Dinner Cruise with La Marina
Also provided by La Marina de Paris, the Early Evening La Marina Dinner Cruise with wine is a shorter and less expensive option but still offers great value:
- Dinner cruise (you will still see the main monuments which can be seen from the Seine including the Eiffel Tower)
- Choice of Starters, Main Courses, and Desserts
- A glass of wine per person
Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Price: 60 EUR per adult, and 35 EUR per child (below 12 years old).
This cruise departs from Soferino port starts early at 6:45 PM which is perfect for winter as it will be sunset time.
4. The VIP Choice: Glass Canopy Dinner Cruise with Bateaux Parisiens
The Glass Canopy Dinner Cruise with Bateaux Parisiens provides the ultimate VIP experience with different levels of services. Enjoy an uninterrupted panoramic view of the city seen through a glass canopy boat, a set menu served with refined decor and tableware, live musical entertainment and guaranteed seating.
- A glass canopy cruise for 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Aperitif served with mini cakes or cheese puffs
- A la carte dinner menu with selected wines
- Mineral water and coffee
- Musical entertainment
Price: From 99 EUR to 205 EUR per adult with child discounts
Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruises departs at 8:30 PMfrom the Port de la Bourdonnais, which is just down the Eiffel Tower. The cruise is very convenient to combine with sightseeing around the iconic attraction.
Other dinner options are available:
- Glass Canopy Dinner Cruise with Hotel Transfers starts at 201 EUR
- Essential Dinner Cruise a shorter, earlier and less expensive option starts at 69 EUR
5. The Perfect "Apéro": Champagne Tasting Cruise
The Champagne Tasting Cruise is the perfect apéro (aperitif) in Paris! Sip the bubbly drink while cruising down the Seine river. Enjoy:
- An hour cruise along the Seine on a private boat
- Three different Champagnes presented in English by a French sommelier
- Commentary on Parisian monuments
- Opportunity to purchase champagnes after tasting
Price: 55 EUR per person
The cruise departs at 6:00 PM from the Vedette de Paris at Port Sufren, which is very close to the Eiffel Tower.
6. The Best Seine River Sightseeing Cruises: Just You and the View
If you're just after the sights, you can enjoy unparalleled views of the city by just boarding a sightseeing river boat. Check out some recommended cruises below:
Take a sightseeing cruise from the pier in front of the Eiffel Tower and see the main monuments from the Paris river accompanied with lively multilingual commentary enriched with music evoking the places and periods visited. The cruise is available in 13 languages and departs from 10:00 AM onwards.
Price: 11 EUR per adult and 5.10 EUR per child
The Sightseeing Seine River Pleasure Cruise uses a smaller boat and offers the option for guests to enjoy a glass of champagne or a crepe with drink or an aperitif. The cruise offers commentaries in English, French and Spanish and departs every 30 minutes from Port Sufren, which is also very close to the Eiffel Tower.
Price: 19 EUR per adults and 11 EUR per child
Lastly, guests can pair their cruises with different sightseeing tours to save time and money.
In conclusion, there are many different possible options to discover Paris from the Seine River. It will depend on your time, budget and preference, whether you are traveling at night or day or whether you are going by yourself or with a group. Want to try something different? Paris is surrounded with other waterways that can also be explored by boat. See all our Paris cruises.
Please Note: All information on the blog post is accurate at the time of publication.